It’s that sad time of the year…
Time to put away our swimsuits, summer TBRs, and late nights and exchange them for backpacks, textbooks, and early mornings.
The school year can be crazy and life can hit you out of nowhere. Today I’ll be showing you have you can make a DIY mini emergency kit to carry with you this school season.
I got the inspiration to make this post after I got into a little mishap about a month ago (you can click >HERE< to hear about that interesting story XD). I was completely unprepared and had nothing with me to take care of the situation. After doing some thinking and prepping for back-to-school blog posts, the pieces clicked together and this post was born. I personally think this is something anyone of any age should carry with them at all time. And now’s a great time to make your own kit while shopping for school supplies for the fall/winter.
Without further ado, let’s get started!
- A small container (like a pencil case or small makeup bag)
- Sterile Wipes
- Antibiotic ointment
- Nail Clippers
- Mini deodorant
- Hair ties
- Bobby pins or hair pins
- Money (about $5-$10)
- Feminine products (if necessary)
- Hand sanitizer
- Emergency contacts card
- Insurance card (if necessary)
For my personal kit, I used a small pencil case. To help ease space I placed my flat supplies on the bottom (tissues, pads, bandages, gauze, sterile wipes, etc.). On top of that I put the antibiotic ointment, hand sanitizer, deodorant, tweezers, nail clippers, hair ties, bobby pins, etc.
When composing your emergency contact card, keep in mind the person’s typical availability and likeliness to pick up the phone right away. When it comes to an emergency, every second counts. On one side of my card I wrote down family contacts (parents, guardian, grandparents, etc.) and on the other side I wrote down 911 emergency contacts (doctor, dentist, fire department, police, etc.)
Most of these supplies can be found at your local drug or discount stores, so it stays within a budget.
I hope you and enjoyed this post! Hopefully it was helpful and gave you inspiration to create your own emergency kit! Have a safe school year!
Hold up. Did you think that was it?
A few weeks ago I was nominated by Megan @ A Barefoot Gal for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I knew this was going to be a bit of a shorter post, so I decided to pair it with the tag!
Thank you so much, Megan, for nominating me! I really appreciate it! Make sure to check out her blog, if you haven’t already!
Shall we get onto the tag?
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- List the rules and display an award logo on your blog post.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their posts.
- Ask the nominees 11 new questions.
- What other country would you pick to visit, and which one would you pick to live in? Why?
I would visit Germany, because I’m trying to learn German and my grandparents lived in Germany for a few years, so it would be cool to get to visit where they lived. On the other hand, I would live somewhere in the U.K. (probably the London countryside) because it just seems like a pleasant place to live.
2. What was your first favorite color?
PINK. I was so obsessed with pink when I was younger. Probably because I had this massive (okay maybe it wasn’t massive, but to 5-year-old me it was.) collection of Barbies. Ahh the memories.. 🙂
3. Which of the seasons’ smells would you miss the most if you lost your sense of smell?
Winter! I absolutely love winter scents (especially during Christmas!!). Man, I hope I never lose my sense of smell. I would miss my mom’s sugar cookie scented candles way too much.
4. Do you prefer asking or answering questions?
Asking for sure (you can ask my mom. I ask at least a thousand questions a day and it drives her crazy XD). I feel like you learn a lot more in life, by asking people questions and being genuinely curious.
5. Would you rather go to the moon or the country in question #1?
I would never want to go to the moon, so definitely either Germany or London. When I was younger, I had a dream that I went to the moon and it was the most frightening experience I ever went through (in my dreams I should say). Ever since then, the thought of going to the moon has scared me.
6. What is one mainstream popular thing that you really don’t like?
There is a trend going around (especially on YouTube) where people transform themselves into a “Vsco girl”. Apparently they transform themselves into these girls that use the Vsco app. I dunno, I just think it’s a bit stereotypical.
7. Chess or checkers?
I’m gonna go with chess (even though I’m terrible at it). I play it all the time with my friends at my co-op and I’m starting to get better at it, although I definitely have a long way to go.
8. If you started a business, what would it be?
I’ve always tossed around the idea of owning a business when I get older. If I did own one, it would probably have something to do with fashion or writing or I would open a cafe or bakery with my sister.
9. What school subject are you the best at?
Even though I hate it, I’m probably the best at math. *sigh*
10. Are you often bored? (This questions was inspired by my brother saying “I’m bored bored bored bored BORED!” as he often does Sunday afternoons. Thanks, Jeff.)
Thanks for the question, Jeff! XD
Yes, I definitely bore easily. I have to be constantly doing something!
11. What topic would you feel most confident giving advice on?
Probably anxiety. I went through it a lot when I was younger (mainly separation anxiety) and I still go through different forms of anxiety, but I love getting to talk to others about their anxiety and give them advice, because I wish I had been given the same advice when I was younger.
Wow are we already done with the questions?
Clara @ Clara’s Comfy Corner
Kayla @ thebooklovingbeaut
Tess @ Steeplechase
AK @ TheJunebugblog
May @ Forever and Everly
Emmie @ Diary of a Daydreamer
Enni @ On the Wings of a Dream
Mary Elizabeth @ Middle Mary (I believe she is currently on hiatus, but I still decided to nominate her because she’s such a lovely blogger!)
Annie @ Blossoms and Bullet Journals
Clara @ Clara-and-co
- What is your dream job?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- What era of history would you want to travel back in time to for a day?
- Who has been the greatest (positive) influence in your life?
- If you could do anything on your birthday (and I mean ANYTHING) what would you do?
- You’re stuck on an island and you have one of the three following choice items with you to survive: an axe, matches, or rope. Which did you choose and why?
- What is one thing about yourself that you love?
- Where is your ideal quiet place for alone time?
- What is the funniest thing that has happened to you in public?
- Would you rather never read another book, or never watch another movie/tv show?
- What is a bad habit you have/had?