It’s been awhile since I’ve sat down and written a blog post. How long has it been, about 3 months…?
I wasn’t planning on taking this long of a hiatus (nor was I planning on taking a break at all!), but life gets busy and now that I’m feeling refreshed, I’m more ready than ever to get back into the swing of things!
Now that the holidays are over and my life is getting back to normal, I’m realizing how little I’ve interacted here for the past three months. I feel like I’ve missed out on so many great blog posts! :c
All-in-all, I’m very excited to be back, and I’ve got some big stuff planned!
We’ve got a bit to get caught up on, so grab a cup of tea and let’s chat, shall we?
- You may have noticed (if not, no hard feelings my friend), but I changed my blog design! I’ll probably be bringing back the sunflower and yellow theme during the summer, but for now I wanted to have a bit more of a minimalist, simple design.
- Another conclusion I have come to for my blog is my main niche. Over my short course of time here on WordPress, I’ve bounced around testing out which niche(s) I preferred, and which I enjoyed writing more. I think all bloggers can attest to this when I say, discovering your niche can be really hard! Over my hiatus I took some time to do some deep thinking about this, and I’m here to confirm that from this day forward, my blog is going to primarily be a book and writing blog! Now, this sure doesn’t mean that I won’t be uploading other types of posts from time to time, but they are going to be few and separated off into another category of my blog. I really enjoy getting to share my reading progresses, goals, and opinions on books that I’m reading as well as share my passion for books and writing with all of you (also getting to fangirl over our favorite books together in the chat :3)!
- One thing that I learned from my hiatus was sometimes having a set schedule doesn’t always work for everyone. I felt like having a specific day to post made me feel really stressed out and almost like I would turning in a homework assignment. I felt the need to make a mad rush to finish posts and get them planned in advance so I didn’t miss my schedule. And that’s definitely not what blogging is supposed to be about! Blogging is supposed to be a fun way to express yourself in a way verbal words couldn’t match and to engage with others with the same interests! So, with that being said, I will (at this point in time) not have a scheduled day that I will be posting. However, I do plan to post at least once a week, maybe even twice! Maybe in the future when my life is less busy I will go back to a set posting day.
- Coming back from my hiatus, I have so many post ideas and special projects
*mwahahaha*(insert me stroking my make-believe evil cat sidekick here) that I can’t wait to share! If you have any content that you would like to see from me, feel free to comment down below! I’m always open to suggestions.
- Also, does anyone have any tips for getting back into the swing of blogging after taking a break? I know it’s probably going to be a little weird at first, especially since I haven’t sat down to write in so long!
New Content/ What to look forward to
- I have a new project that I’ve been working on that I’m hoping to launch later in February. Take some guesses in the comments and let me know what YOU think this project might be. (Hint: it has something to do with social media.)
- I was thinking about doing weekly writing prompts at the end of my posts, and participants can send in their writing (through my email or my about page. both information is on that page!) and can be featured in my next post. Would that be something y’all would be interested in seeing? Let me know down below!
- I have a TON of book reviews planned for some upcoming posts, included some book tags and other fun posts!
Let me know if you have any post suggestions below! Or if you just want to chat! I love getting to talk to you guys, which is why I’m so glad I’m back from my hiatus. 🙂
Talk to you soon!
(peep my new sign-off XD)