This summer I had a lot of goals.
I went into summer with a head full of ideas and expectations. If you saw my Summer Bucket List post, you saw I had a long list of goals, and I had even more unlisted on that post!
So let’s take a look and see I did on those goals, shall we?
Read 10 Books
In total I think I read about 7 books between June and July. I had a list of books I wanted to read, but as usual I veered off and my ever-growing TBR lured me in. From the list of books I had originally, here is how I did:
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins ✘
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer ✔
- Flashback by Shannon Messenger ✘
- The War Within by Cecelia Schmidt ✔
- A Night Divided by Jennifer A. Nielsen ✔
- Uncle Tom’s Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe ✔
- The War’s End by Cecelia Schmidt ✘
- 1984 by George Orwell ✘
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak ✘
- The Cursed Child by J.K Rowling ✘
I’m disappointed I didn’t at least read 1984, The Cursed Child, and Mockingjay, but I definitely will be completing those this fall. I’m almost positive 1984 and The Book Thief is on my school literature list this year.
Here are some of the extra books I read:
- The Battle of the Labryrinth by Rick Riordan
- The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan
- Wires and Nerve by Marissa Meyer
Go to a Drive-in
Check this off my list. Also go check out my mini storytime >HERE< to find out how it went.
Host a cookout
My family started hosting Sunday dinners twice a month and the past few times we’ve had cookouts. It’s been a great way to connect with my cousins whom I don’t see very often! 🙂
Go berry picking
Unfortunately my family didn’t do that this year, which is the first time in a long time. We were planning on going one day, but decided it was too hot and went to the pool. XD
Pull an all-nighter
HAHA BIG NOPE. I’m trying to prep myself to get up early during the school year (my goal is to get up at 5:30) so I need all the rest I can get!
- See an air show ✘
- Go to Cedar Point ✘
- Stargaze ✔
- Gain right leg splits and needle ✘
- Catch fireflies ✔
- Go hiking ✘
- Finish planning my novel plot ✘
- Write a fairytale retelling ✘
- Go camping ✘
- Learn new friendship bracelet patterns ✔
- Get a job ✔
- Participate in a summer blog contest ✔
- See fireworks ✔
Overall I didn’t complete as many goals as I would have liked, but it’s summertime so I’m okay with it.
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this post!
Until next time!